2022 Summer Programs
2022 Summer Program registration is now open!
At First Tee – Greater Richmond, we are building game changers. Our summer life-skills education programming is designed for players of all ages and skill levels, with classes meeting once a week for eight weeks.
With proven results, we aim to help kids become better versions of themselves while strengthening the character of our community. Teaching life lessons and leadership skills, sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 4 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Through golf and core values, participants will learn life skills such as resolving conflicts, setting goals, and planning for the future. Participants progress through different levels by demonstrating life skills and golf skills as well as passing assessments. Classes are as follows:
- Little Legends: Introduction to basic golf skills through fun games and developmentally-appropriate golf equipment. Ages 4 – 6
- PLAYer: Entry level into the First Tee certification program regardless of age or golf skill level. Coaches group participants by age and ability to introduce the game of golf while learning the First Tee Code of Conduct and the Nine Core Values, appreciating the rules and etiquette of the sport, and developing golf skills. Minimum age 7.
- Par: Continued emphasis on golf skills, rules of play, interpersonal skills and self-management skills on and off the course. Minimum age 9 and PLAYer certified.
- Birdie: Continued emphasis on golf skills, etiquette, and goal setting on and off the course. Minimum age 11 and Par and certified.
- Eagle: Building on all golf skills and focus on resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning. Minimum age 13 and Birdie certified.
- Ace: The highest level of First Tee certification and focus on education, career, and giving back to the community. Minimum age 14 and Eagle certified.
- Player Development Academy (PDA): A supplemental program that focuses on the golf skills learned in LSE Classes. The goal of this program is to enhance a player’s golf skills to complete and progress through First Tee matches and on-course play. Minimum age 7 and must be an active First Tee Participant to join the class (Participants attended an LSE class within the last 12 months).
Capacity will be set to 12-16 participants per program.
In response to demand, we have added the following programs –
Belmont: Tuesday, Little Legends (5:00 – 6:00 PM)
Chesterfield: Wednesday, Little Legends (5:00 – 6:00 PM); Saturday, PLAYer (1:00 – 2:00 PM)
If a class is full, please join the waitlist! This will help with getting a spot if we’re able to increase maximum capacities or add additional classes to the schedule.
First Tee – Greater Richmond has updated its safety protocols ensure proper delivery of our programs.
No walk up registration! Participants must be registered in the online system prior to attending class. No equipment is needed – First Tee can provide all necessary equipment for youth golf programs.
Little Legends, PLAYer, Par: $80 | Birdie, Eagle, Ace: $120 | Player Development Academy: $80 | First Tee Matches (previously Op36) at The Tattersall: $80 for 4; $24 per match
A founding purpose of First Tee is to make golf more accessible to all youth, particularly young people who otherwise may not have an opportunity to learn and play the game. Our policy is to provide access to programs regardless of a participant’s ability to play. Our financial aid program is funded by generous donors. Parents/guardians may apply for financial aid as part of the online registration process. Once you have applied for financial aid through the online registration, you will receive an email notification and can then complete the registration.
- Classes meet once a week
- Participants may only sign up for ONE Life Skills Experience Golf Class to ensure that we are reaching everyone in the community with the capacities we have set to ensure everyone’s safety
- Classes are intended to be outdoors, subject to weather. In the event of inclement weather, classes will be held inside.
- Refunds will be subject to a $15.00 administrative fee.
- Participants receiving financial aid are expected to have attendance records in good standing to remain eligible for future aid.
FIRST TEE PLAYER PACKAGES
First Tee – Greater Richmond is offering a premium player package to all participants ages 4 to 18. This optional package is $50.00 that can be added upon registering a child for a First Tee class. Player packages include:
- First Tee – Greater Richmond golf hat
- First Tee socks
- 1 additional First Tee item to be determined
- 10% savings on LSE Class registrations in 2022 (if registering for a camp, the 10% discount can be applied to a future LSE class registration)
- USGA Handicap
For further information, please contact Brittany Woo: [email protected]