2022 Fall Programs
2022 Fall Program registration is now open!
At First Tee – Greater Richmond, we are building game changers. Our fall life-skills education programming is designed for players of all ages and skill levels, with classes meeting once a week for seven weeks.
With proven results, we aim to help kids become better versions of themselves while strengthening the character of our community. Teaching life lessons and leadership skills, sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 4 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Through golf and core values, participants will learn life skills such as resolving conflicts, setting goals, and planning for the future. Participants progress through different levels by demonstrating life skills and golf skills as well as passing assessments. Classes are as follows:
- Ages 4-6: Introduction to basic golf skills through fun games and developmentally-appropriate golf equipment.
- Ages 7-9: Participants will receive lessons that introduce and engage participants with both golf and life skills. Kids get active and play golf with their peers.
- Ages 10-11: Participants will receive lessons that support the exploration of both character and golf skills in active and collaborative ways.
- Ages 12-13: Participants will receive lessons that empower participants to explore both golf skills and character commitments through opportunities for mastery and growth.
- Ages 14+: Participants will receive lessons that help participants elaborate on their understanding and place a greater emphasis on their personal development.
The registration portal is now open for Fall 2022 classes. As a reminder, we will be switching to our new age-based curriculum in the Fall. We are excited to utilize this new curriculum to provide a new stimulating environment for all of our participants!
If a class is full, please join the waitlist! This will help with getting a spot if we’re able to increase maximum capacities or add additional classes to the schedule.
All 7-Week Programs Cost $70
A founding purpose of First Tee is to make golf more accessible to all youth, particularly young people who otherwise may not have an opportunity to learn and play the game. Our policy is to provide access to programs regardless of a participant’s ability to play. Our financial aid program is funded by generous donors. Parents/guardians may apply for financial aid as part of the online registration process. Once you have applied for financial aid through the online registration, you will receive an email notification and can then complete the registration.
- Classes meet once a week
- Participants may only sign up for ONE Life Skills Experience Golf Class to ensure that we are reaching everyone in the community with the capacities we have set to ensure everyone’s safety
- Classes are intended to be outdoors, subject to weather. In the event of inclement weather, classes will be held inside.
- Refunds will be subject to a $15.00 administrative fee.
- Participants receiving financial aid are expected to have attendance records in good standing to remain eligible for future aid.
For further information, please contact Brittany Woo: [email protected]