Game Changers Society
AT FIRST TEE – GREATER RICHMOND, WE’RE BUILDING GAME CHANGERS
Over 25 years, First Tee – Greater Richmond has been impacting the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values, and promote healthy choices through golf.
Our three facilities- Belmont, The Elson Redmond Memorial Driving Range, and The Tattersall Youth Development Center – help drive that impact across the Richmond community.
In 2022, our facilities saw over 55,000 combined rounds played, over 30,000 baskets hit, and most importantly, helped impact the lives of nearly 75,000 area youth through First Tee Programs, School Program, and Community Partnerships.
Game Changers Society
In celebration of our 25th Anniversary, we are launching the Game Changers Society, an opportunity for corporations to be part of our signature events and provide employee access to our facilities. In partnering, you can enhance our impact in the community while also enjoying the finest public golf facilities in greater Richmond.
Game Changers Society Opportunities
Through events and activities over the course of the year, First Tee – Greater Richmond provides opportunities for corporate partners to support our vision of strengthening the character of our community while increasing their brand awareness among key audiences.
2023 Events Include:
Dominion Energy Charity Classic Community Invitational (April 17)
Our annual spring scramble on The Country Club of Virginia’s James River Course, the DECCCI is our organization’s largest single-day fundraiser of the year.
Over 120 golfers will gather on April 17 in support of our organization, with a mid- morning shotgun start preceding a cocktail hour following the round.
Prizes are awarded to the two top teams, while a raffle offers a Pro-Am entry in October’s Dominion Energy Charity Classic or a full bag fitting from our PGA Professional staff.
25th Anniversary Celebration (May 4)
- Join us as our chapter turns 25 at the Elson Redmond Memorial Driving Range.
- Over 200 local business and community leaders will be on site to help us celebrate 25 years of impact in the Richmond area with games, food, drinks, a band, and more!
Longest Day of Golf (October 10)
- Operated by our Leadership Advisory Board, the Longest Day of Golf serves
as our end-of-year fundraiser in which our LAB golfs throughout the day,
teeing off at sunrise before being joined by corporate and individual
sponsors for afternoon play.
- The afternoon sees over 80 golfers gathered on Belmont, playing on the 12-
hole championship course, Little Bell and The Ringer through the afternoon
and into the evening.
Game Changers Society partners also have the opportunity to make a difference in our organization through volunteer opportunities, including:
- Support at First Tee – Greater Richmond Programs and School Field Trips
- Days of Service at First Tee – Greater Richmond facilities
- Volunteering at First Tee – Greater Richmond events (River City Collegiate Classic, Redmond Cup, and others)